Job Opening Announcement
Office Services Administrator
California Appellate Project (a non-profit law firm assisting in capital defense) is accepting applications for the position of Office Services Administrator. This person will oversee all aspects of legal records and facilities management for our organization. The Office Services Administrator will be responsible for supervising records and database management, document production, mail handling, and office reception. This position also oversees offsite and onsite document storage as well as high volume document scanning and copying for the organization.
As facilities manager, this person ensures that CAP equipment, workspaces, offices and common areas are fully functional, clean, and well-maintained. This person produces monthly operational reports, tracks budgetary costs, and sets priorities for office services projects. This Office Services Administrator supervises a 5-person team comprised of a receptionist, administrative assistant, supply and file clerks.
Job duties include:
1. Supervise the maintenance, transfer, and security of a large volume of legal documents and client records both on site and off site.
2. Manage the daily operation of all phases of office support services, develop and implement policies and procedures in keeping with sound office management practices.
3. Manage the processing, scanning and uploading of legal documents.
4. Manage the upkeep of the physical facilities of the CAP-SF office including oversight of the cleaning and maintenance of all workspaces, offices and common areas.
5. Work with in-house and outside attorneys, state agencies, vendors, and federal counsel to ensure the safe, secure, and efficient transfer of legal documents.
6. Work closely with vendors and building management regarding CAP facility and document management needs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Organized, accurate and detail oriented.
2. Excellent verbal skills for communicating with attorneys, managers, staff, panel attorneys, trial counsel and other state agencies
3. Able to work well under pressure.
4. Works independently as well as with others, able to delegate responsibilities appropriately; able to utilize all of the resources available within CAP.
5. Reliable, flexible, and capable of managing multiple tasks and assignments.
6. Able to work comfortably and accurately with numbers and letters; and to work effectively on or with various software and database packages.
1. A college degree and at least five (5) years of law office records management experience.
2. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage legal records and lead a small team of law office professionals.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of law office records management practices.
4. Extensive computer and database experience working with data entry and word processing.
1. This position is physically more demanding than most in CAP and, at times, very demanding physically.
2. This position will require a great deal of mobility with a significant amount of walking, bending and stretching, lifting, pulling and pushing objects weighing up to 60 pounds.
3. Visual requirements include reading printed materials and reading off of a computer screen.
4. Verbal and auditory requirements include the ability to communicate clearly in person and over the telephone.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, be sure to let us know why you are interested in working for California Appellate Project.
SALARY RANGE: $50,000 – $65,000 plus excellent benefits